Tutorial: Make a Ruffle Bloomer * Diaper Cover

Miss V* will be rockin’ a new red, white and blue tutu this weekend and she was in need of a matching pair of bloomers.  Thankfully I had  a plain white cover on hand. I added some festive fabric scraps was able to make her an adorable ruffle bloomer in less than 30 minutes! 


FREE DIY TUTORIAL How to make a boutique ruffle bloomer (diaper cover)


Cute, right? This was such an easy (and adorable!)  project that I wanted to share the DIY details with you so you can make one too!

You will need:
One Plain Diaper Cover
Three Strips of Fabric (Cut 2 inches wide x 20 inches long)
Sewing Supplies

Here's the scoop:
How to make a ruffle bloomer ruffle diaper cover. A Free tutorial from Daydream Believers


Finish the edges of each fabric strip.

{Note: For the cover shown here, I finished the edges of each long side using my serger. Alternatively you could finish the edges with a tight zigzag stitch or you could hem each piece with a narrow hem. If hemming, you may wish to increase the width of your strips from 2 inches to 3 inches.}

Ruffle ‘em up! ;) 
Sew a gathering stitch along the top edge of each strip. Gather each strip of fabric until it is the same width as the back of your cover. {{Please check out this tutorial for three easy ways to create ruffles}

Put it all together...Place and pin your first strip of ruffles across the back of your cover. Be sure to tuck your ends under at the beginning and end of the strip. We are working from the bottom up, so look at the leg opening of your cover, and place your first strip just above this point. Using a straight stitch, sew your ruffle strip onto the cover. Then, position your second strip of ruffles so that the bottom edge of the ruffle sits around the middle of the row beneath it. Pin and sew the strip on to the cover using a straight stitch. Repeat with the third and final strip.


That it friends!  Easy peasy and oh so adorable!

How to make a ruffle bloomer ruffle diaper cover. A Free tutorial from Daydream Believers


22 comments:

  1. I just saw this over at Tatertots and Jello. SO darling! I'm going to feature it next Friday on my blog! Stop by and grab a button if you'd like.
    Jen
    Scissors and Spatulas

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. this is SO cute. I love the serged ends too. seriously. love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest little thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thanks for the tutorial! Featuring you on my Friday 5! Have a great weekend!
    www.modernwivelyhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This. Is. Adorable! I have a ten month old, I think she needs some ruffles on her booty!

    http://lifecraftsandwhatever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are TOO CUTE! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! I found you on Tatertots and Jello. I'm your newest follower. :)

    www.thelittlegiggler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness these are ADORABLE!

    I am having a Red, White and Blue Linky Party that I'd love for you to join in on by adding your link!
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/07/red-white-and-blue-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! Great tutorial.
    :) crafty texas girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable! I featured you over at www.justpleasedaspunch.blogspot.com. Check it out if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your fabric choice and the fullness of the ruffles. Such a great tutorial. My little girl is almost three and I still have her wear bloomers with some dresses so I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute and easy, just the way I like it. Thanks for the tut :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so, so, SO adorable!! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beyond stunning! LOVE it! (How do you think my son would look in this?!) I just featured this tutorial today on my blog. Here is the link:

    http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/2011/07/wednesdays-wowzers-woot-woot.html

    Thanks for inspiring!
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  14. VERY cute! I need to make one of these! Found it while stumbling. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11/03/2011

    Hello, I believe your internet site may be possessing browser compatibility problems. When I search at your site in Safari, it seems good but when opening in Net Explorer, it's got some overlapping. I just needed to provide you with a fast heads up! Other then that, great web site!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kassy Blahowski2/03/2012

    Thank you for the tutorial!! I just LOVE ruffle bottoms!!! Will be making several of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so fun! I would love to try this for my grandbaby. I won some fabric at a blogging conference & I've been looking for a fun project to make. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Warmly, Michelle
    Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the easy peasy tutorial!
    I made one for my friends little girl: http://minimidimami.blogspot.co.at/2017/03/cutie-pie.html
    Wishes, Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground